Every organic farmer who wants to improve their soil Ph and add natural nutrients ought to know where to buy sulfur powder and how to add it to the soil.
Sulfur powder is a natural pure element that comes in the form of a yellow powder. It is one of the world’s oldest remedies used for human ailments and improving the soil for farming.
Where to Buy Sulfur Powder?
Where Does Sulfur Powder Come From?
It originates from volcanic emissions and ancient mined sulfur around volcanoes. Today, sulfur comes from a by-product of crude oil and gas processing. It is an essential element containing all living cells.
How to Add It to the Soil
This powder has high benefits to the soil and it is important for all farmers to learn how to add it to the soil. Application for this powder depends on the type of soil you are working with. Below is a table showing how the sulfur powder should be distributed to lower the soil pH to 4.5.
Sulfur powder need to lower the pH of the soil (lb/acre)
Advantages of Adding Sulfur Powder to the Soil
This amazing powder has many health benefits to the soil. They include:
- Lowering the soil pH value. The best soil pH ranges from 5.8 to 7.0. Some soils especially in the limestone regions may have a high pH of about 8.0 with 50% lime. Such soils lack important minerals like iron, manganese, and zinc. In such soils, the leafy plants growing in them may become yellow due to the deficiencies. Adding sulfur powder to the soil solves these problems.
- It is a great fungicide. This powder controls fungus and mildew on leaves. It is best known to prevent mold especially when applied before the fungus settles on the leaves. It works best when applied on dry leaves.
- Its best used as a pesticide. Sulfur powder is one of the oldest best-known pesticides. It is best used in vegetables and fruits. It controls thrips and spider mites. One has to wear a protective mask when applying this powder.
- It offers essential nutrients to plants. Sulfur carries essential plant nutrients that include, Potassium, Nitrogen, and Phosphorous. It also improves the soil and assists in fixing phosphorous and nitrogen.
- Used as a snake repellant – Snakes do not like the smell of Sulfur powder. It is one of the best repellants from your outdoor surroundings without killing them.
- Used as an insect repellant on pets. Rubbing sulfur powder on pets eliminates chiggers, ticks, and other pests.
Learn more about organic fertilizers like Kelp Meal.
It’s not common to find one powder that takes care of so many problems like this one. This one is beyond doubts!