Pests are a major problem in the home and also in the garden. They can do a lot of damage to your crops when they are left to roam about your garden. The effect of pests on your garden can lead to reduce yield and affect the nutrients in the soil leading to deficiency in nutrients and a poor harvest. One of the effective ways to deal with pests such as bugs and other insects is by the use of insect repellants to keep them away from your plant roots and leaves.
Today, we will be reviewing the Greenerways Organic Bug Repellant to find out why it is a common tool for most growers. We will also check some of the active ingredients and the benefits of using the product on your farm.
What should you look for in a Pesticide?
It is important that you know what to look out for when shopping for a pesticide for your farm. This is because there are many products that contain chemical compounds that can leave your plant roots, stem, and leaves worse than they were before applying the product. Below you will find a list of some of the few things to watch out for when in the market for an insect repellant.
- Check the label to see that the insects you are trying to repel are listed on the product. This guarantees that the product will have effect when it is applied to your crop.
- Check that it is safe to use the product on the crop you grow. There are pesticides that are not safe for use on certain plants so it is best that you do your research.
- Are there any specific period in the life of the plant when you should/shouldn’t use a pesticide spray.
- How much area of space do you need to treat? This will help you decide on how much of the product you need to get.
- You also need to know how long it takes for the product to take effect or become fully active.
- You need to know how to apply the product to your farm.
- Lastly, you need to check the ingredient list to be sure that there are all safe to use on your plant and for the environment.
The organic bug repellant from Greenerways is 100% USDA certified organic; meaning that it doesn’t contain any chemical compounds that can be harmful to your plants and the environment. This is partly the reason why it is commonly used on both soil and soilless systems for the control of bugs and other pesticides. It has been proven to be highly effective in the repelling of all mosquitoes, chiggers, ticks, mites, and many other insects. It is safe to use also in indoor situations to deal with the outbreak of insects in the home. It is completely safe for use in homes where there are kids and pets. Many pet owners also use it to rid their pets of ticks. There are numerous applications of this best selling product from Greenerways, you can use it as an indoor and outdoor insect repellant to keep your home and living space completely free from creeping, crawling, and flying insects.
Active Ingredients in Greenways Organic Bug Repellant
In each 4ounce of the Greenerways organic bug repellant, there are:
- 7.5% Citronella Oil
- 1.5% Lemongrass Oil
- 0.5% Cedar Oil
Other inert ingredients include
- 1.0% Soy Lecithin
- 89.5% Water
Functions of the Ingredients Are
It is an essential oil that has the ability to repel insects and is safe for use on the skin to repel body lice, stable flies, and head lice.
Another essential oil with a pleasant aroma that is strong enough to repel insects.
Cedar oil is also as essential oil; it is extracted from the bark of cedar trees and can be used as an insect repellent. It is known to be effective against fleas and mosquitoes.
The function of soy lecithin in the mix is to act as a natural emulsifying agent that adds a little bit of fat to the mixture.
Water keeps the entire mix in a solution and makes it easy for the content to exit the nozzle when it is sprayed.
Benefits of Using Greenerways Organic Bug Repellant
- Comes in a 4oz size that can be used for a few times before disposal.
- Made from completely organic ingredients that contains Non-GMO and certified by the USDA.
- Truly effective in combating insects such as mosquito, fly, tick, and 55 other insects that disturb the home and garden.
- It is safe for use in homes around kids and pets.
- There is no need to wash your skin or take a bath after using the product as it is known to be hypoallergenic (without allergy).
- Completely free from DEETS, parabens, phthalates, and other toxic chemical compounds.
- Doesn’t leave stains on furniture and clothing’s like other insect repellants.
- Can be easily carried about making it an excellent travel insect repellant.
- Its citrus fragrance helps in adding extra freshness to the air after each spray.
Uses of the Greenways Organic Bug Repellant
This organic insect repellant can be used to tackle insect problems in
- Fishing equipments such as gears, rods, reels, and lines.
- Camping equipments such as tents and gears.
- Hiking equipments such as gears, backpacks, and boots.
- Outdoor furniture like patio furniture and sitting areas.
- Safe to use on clothing to repel insects.
- Indoor and outdoor garden plants to repel insects from the roots, stem, and leaves.
Directions and How to Use
You should shake the bottle thoroughly so the ingredients can mix properly. Then spray on your clothes, body or in the area you want to treat. You can apply them directly to the plant you wish to spray and repeat the process every 3 to 4 hours until you are satisfied.
Other notable Brands
Some other popular brands of organic insecticides that safe for use both indoor and outdoor include.
Although it is highly effective against insects, you cannot easily travel with it like the bug repellant from Greenerways.
The only ingredient here is the lemon eucalyptus oil. This can’t be compared to the many essential oils contained in the Greenerways Organic Bug Repellant.
Which insecticide do you use in your home and garden and is it truly effective in repelling insects? We will like to hear from you, let us know in the comment section. If you have used this product before, we will also like to hear about your experience using the product.