Having a lifetime compost bin is exactly what I have been wanting to get for the longest time. Kitchen scraps and wastes from the garden should not be put aside as using a compost bin will enable it to become fertilizer. Also, not having to replace it is much more economical than having to buy a new one every few years.
Having a composting bin not only reduces waste but also promotes the healthy growth of plants and trees. Also, it reduces pollution because the wastes are being recycled as a fertilizer. A person should consider buying this item if they acquire a lot of kitchen scraps and preferably those that have a garden in their home, so the compost bin will be of great use.
Who Should Not Buy This?
It is definitely easy to purchase a compost bin but ask yourself first before buying one. Where will you use this, and why? If you decide to buy one, always consider the use of the product. If you plan to have one to have fertilizer, but you don’t have a garden yet, then there’s no point in buying this product anytime soon.
Things You Need to Think About Before Buying This Product
- Choosing the Size
There are different sizes and styles to choose from, and you should make sure that you are getting the right one for your own home. Most people opt to purchase a low maintenance composting bin because of their busy lifestyles, so make sure to research about the different types and get the one that will work best for you.
- It Will Take Some Time to Do
It will take a while before you get accustomed to using your compost bin, and if you have a very busy lifestyle, then buying this might not work for you. You should consider the fact that it could take up to two years (depending on the type of composting method) to achieve the proper compost. Using it simply to dispose of food scrap is not advisable because you will end up having a smelly and possibly, a mosquito-infested bin.
- You Should Know How it Works First
This product is not meant to be a buy and use purchase, especially if you are a beginner. You need to research about the proper ways to use a compost bin before finally having one. Additionally, you also have to think about the pros and cons of your prospective items.
- Consider the Space
It is not ideal to have a compost bin if you have limited space in your house. Let’s say you have a small garden in your backyard; it can possibly work as long as it will not be close to your doors, windows, or any entry points in your house. The reason is that even the most maintained composting bins can emit a rather unappealing smell, and you do not want your guests to be turned off because of that.
- Get to Know Someone Who is Into Composting
It will be easier for you, especially if you are just starting out, to get to know someone who already knows the right process and other things that involve composting the right way. To have a healthy compost, you need to have a mixture of green and brown waste. Besides, not all the waste that you see can be put inside the composter. As an owner, it is your responsibility to know all the dos and don’ts to get the right outcome. Failing to do the right way of composting will result in a slimy compost.
Lifetime Compost Bin Review
It is much more durable than other compost bins that are available in the market because it is made from heavy-duty plastic. It is also UV-protected which means that the plastic will not break or peel even if you put it in a place that is directed to sunlight. Upon purchasing, it comes with a warranty of five years.
- It is made with a polyethylene material which makes it last longer than other compost bins that are available in the market today.
- It comes with a five-year warranty, which is already a steal considering that most of the companies only offer their warranties for two years or less.
- The unique locking feature prevents the compost from spilling out and because of this, it keeps the rodents from going inside the bin.
- Customers complain about how difficult it was to assemble. It is time-consuming to put together, especially for newbies.
- Some materials that are delivered to customers are incomplete. For example, the lack of screws and drill bits.
- Instructions on the manual aren’t clear enough and you have to follow it step-by-step to assemble it properly.
Features & Benefits
- It has a built-in axis for smoother rotation and to balance the compost bin.
- It comes with a removable lid that is large enough to put in wastes properly. This feature also has latches that are strong enough to keep the rodents from opening the lid.
- It has an ample height, so you don’t need to slouch down to load scraps inside the bin.
Redmon is perfect for those young people that are starting out to compost. However, the compost bin cannot be rotated and is stationary, making it difficult for seniors to mix the scraps when you are about to add new ones inside.
Both Lifetime and Redmon have an ample opening to put in the scraps conveniently.
Envirocycle’s compost bin is not as tall as Lifetime’s but is easier to assemble and use.
Lifetime and Envirocycle are both durable and are made with materials that will make it last longer.
This compost bin is stainless steel and is small enough to be put in tight places. This is perfect for those people that have limited space in their houses.
Both Lifetime and Epica are offering various sizes for people to choose from.
If you are into gardening and would like to purchase a compost bin to make it more convenient for you to have a fertilizer at home rather than purchasing it outside, then Lifetime Compost Bin is a worthy product to choose. First of all, compost bins reduce pollution, help produce healthy plants and trees, and prevent pests from damaging your plants. If you are interested, please check out the product and its features here.