Last Updated on October 31, 2022 by Cinthia
Are you worried that your lawn isn’t growing as healthy as your neighbors? Or are they not green enough? Then you probably need to feed it the right food so it can grow healthily. In this article, we will be reviewing the organic lawn food from Scotts and find out why it is so popular among many lawn owners. Before we get into what makes Scotts Organic Fertilizer a trusted brand, I will first like to enlighten us about what to look out for in an eco-friendly and effective fertilizer.
What to Look Out for in a Fertilizer Maggie’s Farm 3 In 1 Garden Spray...Maggie’s Farm 3 In 1 Garden Spray – Review 🌿
Before you spend your hard-earned cash on any food for your lawn, you need to ensure that you:
- Check the label to see that it doesn’t contain any toxic chemical compound that may be harmful to your health and the environment. You should double-check to see that it is made from only naturally occurring minerals that are truly organic.
- It should have the required dosage for administration or direction on how to use it. This makes it easy for you to know how to apply the product to your lawn/garden.
- You should check the ratio of the minerals in the mixture. This makes it easy for you to know the nutrient serving in the package. Your lawn needs nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) to be able to grow properly and also needs the nutrients in the right ratio. The ratio of nutrient application recommended for lawn is N-P-K 3:1:2.
- You should also take note of the type of nitrogen fertilizer that was used in the product. Some products use a controlled-release and others the fast-release nitrogen. The main difference in both nitrogen fertilizer types is that the controlled-release promotes growth at a rapid level while the application of fast-release nitrogen fertilizer results in a speedy growth. If you want a greener looking lawn in the shortest possible time, then you should apply the fast-release nitrogen fertilizer.
Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer
The Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer is a natural alternative for lawn owners who are in need of a chemical-free fertilizer that isn’t harmful to their family, pets, and to the neighbors. With the use of Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer, home-owners can be sure of a greener looking lawn and not have to worry about the dog sniffing around the newly treated lawn. Made from completely natural ingredients, which means there is no fear of toxicity when you inhale the product or it comes in contact with your skin.
The organic fertilizer is a suitable choice if you are shopping for a fertilizer that can grow greener trees in a short time. You can use the Scotts lawn food at any season when you need your lawn looking fresh and healthy. It is also safe to use the product on any lawn type or size. The natural smell of the fertilizer isn’t toxic to inhale and dissipates quickly immediately after application.
There are worries that dogs often get themselves interested in the product and often eat it because it kind of smells like chicken poo. But it is completely harmless to pets and kids even when it is ingested.
The main ingredients in the fertilizer are nitrogen (N) phosphorus (P) and potassium (K) which is combined in a ratio that will be easily absorbed by the plant roots and encourages rapid growth.
What are the Benefits of Using Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer?
The use of Scotts organic lawn food on your front yard or back yard has numerous benefits including
- Made from completely organic minerals that are safe for both plants and animals.
- There are no added chemical compounds that can increase the soil toxicity or harm kids and pets.
- The use of the fertilizer results in the growth of fresh-looking grass that adds more beauty to your property.
- It is a quick way to grow your lawn in the shortest possible time.
- It can be used at any season to improve the appearance of your lawn.
- The 30-pound bag can be applied on a 4000 sq ft area making it a good value for your money.
- It is safe to use on all types of grass.
- It is easy to use; all you need do is apply it directly to a dry or wet lawn. It is required you use a Scotts spreader for the best results.
How to Use/Directions
You can apply the fertilizer directly to dry or wet lawn, but you need to be careful not to apply too much on a specific area to prevent the grass from turning yellow. When you notice yellowish grass after application, it only means that you used too much of the product in that area of the lawn.
You can also apply them to fresh seeds or use it while over-seeding; it also works well in an area with a hot climate. The best time to use the fertilizer on your lawn is immediately the rainy season begins, and you can apply it at intervals up to 4 times a year. You can use it on acidic soil to help balance out the pH of the soil and improve plant growth in the region.
You can purchase Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer here.
Does Organic Lawn Fertilizer work well?
I know that the organic matter in Scotts is much better than other brands, which isn't surprising as they've been around for a century and have numerous locations throughout the United States. I will say this about this product, it doesn't seem to be as good at holding moisture as other brands. What's more, I'm a little confused about when exactly I should use it and on what, the instructions aren't that clear in these regards.
The Scotts brand of fertilizers and lawn care products are manufactured by Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, which, while a giant in the marketplace, doesn't have a well understood relationship with the growers that it sells to, which is particularly reflected in how they don't specify which types of lawns work best.
It is quite common for people to end up putting less than they should as they go about trying to get the proportions just right for the types of plants that they are trying to grow.
The decision to go organic is something that quite evidently is new and that they are not sure how to instruct their consumers to use it. You really have to make sure that you keep an eye on the roots of your lawn as it is quite common for them to get clogged up to the point that they can't absorb the water properly. When this happens it can be very frustrating and even costly and wasteful as you may find yourself not feeding your lawn as you should.
Is Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer safe for dogs?
Scotts Organic Lawn Fertilizer products are quite safe for dogs. If you have a very sensitive dog who gets extremely upset if he or she smells the smell of chemicals you find that there may be some trouble with allergies. Remember to ask you vet if you have any doubts about your dog sniffing around your lawn after you apply this product.
Can I apply Scotts Organic Fertilizer after my plants are in bloom?
Scotts Organic Fertilizer should not be applied to blooming plants. It will cause them to drop their flowers and fruit prematurely.
Can I apply Scotts Organic Fertilizer around orchids?
Scotts Organic Fertilizer is a safe, non-toxic fertilizer for most plant types, including orchids.
Scotts Organic Fertilizer works best when used in conjunction with a balanced diet and regular watering.
How long does it take for Scotts Organic fertilizer to work?
It can take up to 2 years before you notice any effects on your plants. It's not a quick fix, but there are very good reasons to believe that this organic fertilizer is superior to the other synthetic variety. Gardeners have noticed that the uptake of phosphorus by soil is higher when organic matter is present.
Other Notable Alternatives
Organic fertilizer packed with Iron for healthy trees, flowers, plants, and lawn.
This organic fertilizer is safe for use when growing crops like tomatoes on your lawn.
Natural lawn fertilizer with a lot of application and can be used by spraying the content all over the lawn with the aid of a garden hose.
What kind of chemical product do you use on your lawn? Are you satisfied with how the shrubs in your lawn are growing? Let us know in the comment section. We will like to hear from you. Also, if you find this article interesting and informational, we will be glad if you can share it with others.