You can achieve a pest-free garden or lawn with the use of neem oils. Most especially, you can use or spray neem oil on your fruit trees and protect your fruits from pests.
Neem oil is a substantial organic component applied to pest infestations and they won’t harm your plants. For an accurate and effective neem oil result, you need to know when to spray neem oil on your fruit trees at the appropriate time.
If you’re a gardener and you have varieties of fruits in your garden, you will surely need neem oils to protect your crops. Be it pear, peach, apple, plum, cherries, nectarine trees, etc, the natural neem oil pesticides will be of great use to them.
When is the Best Time to Spray Neem Oil on Fruit Trees
Fruit trees are more susceptible to aphids, spider mites, caterpillars, ants, powdery mildew, and so on. Neem oil which is derived from neem seed is an effective solution for controlling these pest problems.
Neem oil mixture is best sprayed on your fruit trees in the evening or very early in the morning. This way, the helpful insects are not affected by the direct spraying (even though neem oil is harmless to beneficial insects).
We also recommend you spray your fruit trees with neem oil when your trees are dormant. Also, it’s not advisable to spray neem oil in the hot sun as it may cause leaf damage.
How to Apply and Spray Neem Oil
You will need to dilute neem oil so it does not damage your leaves. Don’t use them concentrated even though they are natural and organic. Two tablespoons of neem oil should be mixed per gallon of water, and four tablespoons of neem oil should be mixed with 2 gallons of water, and so on. A pump sprayer is used to apply neem oil mixture on fruit trees.
As a preventative measure, you can spray a 70 percent neem oil mixture once every 7 to 14 days. However, if used to control the already infested pest area, neem oil should be sprayed every 7 days to control all leaves eating insects.
Neem oil is biodegradable; therefore, you can re-apply neem oil on your fruit tree after a rainfall.
Why You Need to Spray Neem Oil on Your Fruit Trees: Uses of Neem Oil
Neem oil composition is mainly targeted to eliminate specific pests. Let’s take a look at some of the reasons you need to make use of neem oil in your garden:
- Serve as a Repellant: azadirachtin which is one of the key components in neem oil serves as an insect repellent. It will repel the feeding activities of insects on your fruit trees. Nematodes feedings on your fruit trees will also be disrupted and reduced.
- Disrupt the Life Cycle of Insects: Spraying neem oil on your garden will disrupt the life cycle of any insect development. It will as well impede the hormonal system of insects thereby rendering it difficult for insects to develop or even lays eggs.
- Kills Insects: some constituents of neem oil can kill insects rendering them harmless to your fruit trees.
- It does not Harm Beneficial Insects: beneficial insects such as bee pollinators, earthworms, lady beetles, birds, etc, remain unharmed when you spray your fruit trees with neem oil.
- Great for Lawn: neem oil is also great for your lawn. Most especially, you can apply neem oil to eliminate lawn grubs activities which can be pretty destructive to your lawn.
- Great for Indoor Plants and Safe for your House: neem oil is as well safe for indoor plants. If for instance, your indoor plants are suffering from aphid’s infestation, you can spray a mixture of neem oil to control aphids. They are safe to spray indoors. You don’t have to worry about hurting you, your kids, your pets, or your livestock.
- Safe for a Greenhouse: aphids, mites, and whiteflies tend to invade greenhouse environments. However, spraying neem oil on your greenhouse plants will help get rid of these harmful insects.
- Fungicides: neem oil can also serve as fungicide.
Be it an orchard or just a couple of fruit trees that you’ve got in your garden: you can take advantage of neem oil solution to control harmful insects in your garden. Apply neem oil mixture only when the sun is down to prevent your leaves from burning from the heat.
Spraying neem oil mixture on your fruit trees from time to time will give your plants healthy improvements, free from pests and fungal diseases.
So, give your crops a healthy growth style with neem oil!