Last Updated on September 5, 2022
Many homeowners are frustrated by unsatisfactory results from substandard lawn food products and many wonder leave if purely organic lawn food does work.
Ask every homeowner and they will tell you the lawn is as important as any other parts of the home. Everyone dreams of a fuller, greener lawn! This is made possible by feeding fertilizers that can help you maintain your lawn with ease.
Purely organic lawn food is made up of all-natural ingredients that don’t contain any harmful chemicals. There are many great organic fertilizers in the market today. To find the right one, you first need to understand how they work and what kind of results to expect.
Why Use Purely Organic Lawn Food?
Let’s be clear, organic fertilizer has a lot of benefits for both you and your home. Let’s unmask these benefits:
- Adds organic matter to the soil
- Naturally increases the nutrient exchange
- Helps the soil maintain better moisture levels and attract a bigger earthworm population
- Lasts long in the soil, therefore, no need to keep adding more
- Allows plants to get everything they need without being over-stimulated
- Releases nutrients slowly at a pace that makes your grass grow slowly
- Gives you breaks from mowing often
- They do not contain any dangerous chemicals
Which Works Better Between Purely Organic Lawn Food And Chemical Lawn Fertilizers?
First, understand that both organic and chemical lawn fertilizers give you results. How do you determine what works best for your lawn? Here are a few ways to tell the differences:
- Application – Organic fertilizers come in pellet form. The application is easy but can take a while. Applying too much organic fertilizer does not harm your plants. Chemical fertilizers come in liquid form and are easy to apply. Too much of it burns your lawns causing brown spots.
- Nutrients – Organic fertilizers have all nutrients that your lawn needs. They also contain a lot of macronutrients that your soil needs. Chemical fertilizers have exact amounts of essential nutrients with most macronutrients missing.
- Nutrient release. An organic fertilizer releases its nutrients at a rate that plants can absorb. Because of this advantage, it requires fewer applications. Chemical fertilizers offer a short-term solution providing a quick burst of nutrients. The quick burst of nutrients makes the grass grow fast requiring mowing regularly.
- Soil quality. Organic fertilizer is better for soil. It provides natural microorganisms and bacteria that help create a well-balanced eco-system for plant growth. Chemical fertilizers don’t add anything beneficial to the soil, they actually decrease fertility.
An In-depth Review Of Purely Organic Lawn Food
Purely organic lawn food is made using organic ingredients like distillers grains and soy. It is safe to use and delivers outstanding results. It is formulated to provide the nutrients that the lawn needs to become lush and green. All over the country, customers swear by this organic lawn food due to its potency.
This fertilizer contains non-synthetic phosphorous with a 10-0-2 parts composition. Its entire formula consists of natural nutrients required for the healthy growth and maintenance of grass.
Purely organic lawn foods have been used for a long time to maintain sports fields and keep them lush. The results have been satisfying! This fertilizer keeps grass thick and green throughout the year without any traces of scorch.
It has antimicrobial properties that foster the overall health of gardens and yards. The manufacturer recommends four applications in any given season for better results. The application process of purely organic lawn food.
There are two ways on how to carry out the application process. You can either choose the traditional way or use your hands to spread the fertilizer on the lawn.
Using your hands – this method is tedious especially when dealing with large yards. It also results in the uneven distribution of the fertilizer. This leads to strange growth patterns due to uneven distribution.
Using the traditional method means you use a spreader. You can either use a rotary or a dropped tool. Using a spreader saves time and gives you an even distribution of the fertilizer. You might need a specific purely organic lawn food distributor. It is possible to find recommendations from the manufacturer’s website.
A 25-pound bag can cover up to 5,000 square feet of turf making it quite cheap. Be sure to water your lawn as soon as you apply the fertilizer. It is essential to ensure the yard stays moist always four days after application. This enhances the proper infiltration of the fertilizer into the soil. It also boosts the root growth and development of the grass.
Read more about Is Nitrogen Organic Or Inorganic? – A Deeper Look
Is Purely Organic Lawn Fertilizer Safe for Humans?
Yes, purely organic lawn food is safe for humans and pets! This is because the product contains natural ingredients only. It does not harm you or your pets when you come into contact with it. It does not carry a burning effect thus the application is possible as many times as possible without harming the grass. But, it should not be consumed and should be kept away from children and pets.
The Pros and Cons of Using Purely Organic Fertilizer
Let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of using this organic product
- It is very economical
- Does not scorch the grass
- It is affordable yet effective compared to other natural fertilizers
- Contains 100% non-synthetic phosphorous
- Has a pleasant odor thanks to 0% manure content
- Does not have a limited number of applications or seasons
- Family and pet friendly
- Meets the municipality restrictions on Phosphate use
- Its packaging is quite bulky at 25 pounds
Purely Organic Lawn Food Vs Other Natural Fertilizers
It is important to compare this product with other organic products and see the differences. That way you make an informed decision when choosing your product. Below is a comparison of the purely organic lawn food against well-known brands:
This natural food covers 4000 square feet of lawn. It is safe for use with humans and pets and can walk on it immediately after application.
It contains a natural mixture of ingredients. They include bone meal, blood meal, meat meal, and feather meal. This product has an NPK of 11-2-2 and you can use it during any season. It should not dry on its own rather needs water immediately after application. Do not mow the lawns for two weeks following the application. This fertilizer is best applied to freshly cut grass.
This product though safe around children and pets draws dogs to eat it straight off the ground. Some dogs experience vomiting after eating it but no adverse effects or long-lasting problems.
Most users highly recommend this lawn food but others reject it for its bad smell like that of chicken poop. If you can put up with the smell, then you can go ahead and use it.
- Is safe for children and pets
- Contains natural ingredients
- Suitable for any grass type
- Is not limited to the time of the year it can be applied
- No country restriction
- Contains unpleasant smell
- Dogs are drawn to eating the lawn food
- Contains animal products which are unsuitable for vegetarians use
This lawn fertilizer will cover an area of around 4400 square feet. It has an NPK ration of 9-0-5. It contains natural ingredients that include fish meal, kelp flour, and alfalfa meal. Dr. Earth also contains beneficial soil microbes and mycorrhizae. This is a soil fungus known for improving plant root systems.
This fertilizer is safe for humans and pets and can be used as an all-purpose fertilizer. The application can happen at any time of the year and offers long-term improvements. It has a fishy smell that lingers for a while after application.
- Suitable for application all year round
- Safe for children and pets
- Contains natural ingredients
- Contains animal derivatives, it could be unsuitable for vegans
- It has a fish odor which is not attractive to users
This organic fertilizer has an NPK ration of 18-0-3. It has very high levels of Nitrogen that improves the green growth of plants. It is an all-natural fertilizer safe for children and pets. The ingredients include feather meal and poultry manure.
It contains extra Iron which helps the lawn achieve a deeper green color. The results are noticeable a few days after application with long-lasting results. The biggest complaint about this lawn fertilizer is the fact that it has a distinctive foul odor. Because it is primarily made from chicken manure, the smell is expected. Some users find the smell unbearable while others accept it.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Safe for children and pets
- Suitable for use all year round
- Carries a bad smell of chicken manure that lingers for a while
Is Purely organic lawn food the safest?
Purely organic lawn food, or POOL, is a very effective, natural and healthy lawn fertilizer. It contains all the nutrients your grass needs to grow and be healthy. When it comes to organic lawn food, there are two main types: POOL that is only organic and does not contain any synthetic fertilizers, pesticides or herbicides POOL that is both organic and non-toxic to pets and wildlife.
Purely organic lawn food is the most complete organic lawn feed available. Purely organic lawn food contains all the nutrients and minerals your lawn needs to grow healthy.
The safety and natural state of this purely organic lawn food are what make it a favorite among the many customers who use it. There is no denying it has gained an overwhelming victory for its outstanding good effects. You can choose to taste the goodness by using it to nourish your lawn.
Lory is an avid gardener who loves spending time outdoors. She is passionate about using her green thumb to create beautiful, lush gardens for her friends and family. She finds joy in tending to her garden, trimming plants, and cultivating new species. She loves to share her knowledge and experience with others who have a similar enthusiasm for gardening. Lory is a true nature enthusiast who loves to share her enthusiasm for the outdoors with all who meet her.